Most of us admire fashion models, right? We can’t help it! They always look good! (At least most of them…) Why? What do they have that’s so amazing that makes us feel, um, not so amazing?
There are two qualities about models that just about everyone notices. Number one- they’re incredibly thin! Like, incredibly thin! Number two- They’re skin is always perfect.
Now, most of us can’t live up to model quality number one. Just forget it.
But number two…that is an attainable quality! Believe it or not, yes, you can do it. (Or at least get very close!) Now, I know what you’re thinking! No, I don’t mean wear tons of foundation. I’m talking about your real skin. Flawless, real, skin!
Sounds good, no?
Start by figuring out what kind of skin you have. There’s dry, oily, combination, and normal. You may have a skin condition such as acne or rosacea. You can find out what skin type you have by simply asking a makeup artist, skin specialist, or pharmacist at your local pharmacy. After you’ve discovered your condition figure out how to treat it properly. If you just have oily, dry, or combination skin, ask a makeup artist what facial cleansers, creams, and products they recommend. If you have a more serious condition, such as acne or rosacea, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
As far as importance is concerned, what you put into your body will have the greatest effect upon your skin. I will have a separate post on what to eat and what not to eat soon…stay tuned! Let’s just say for now that you should stay away from things that tickles your sweet tooth!
Now, don’t get me wrong, some of us cannot attain exactly perfect skin. Especially those that suffer from more serious conditions. (Like acne and rosacea.) BUT, you can improve your skin a great deal by just doing the following each day:
1) Eat well, get enough sleep, and exercise!
2) Figure out your skin type, and get the proper products to help it.
3) Wash and cleanse your face in the morning when you get up, and before going to sleep -VERY important! Get rid of all your makeup every night!
4) Keep your hands and fingers off your face as much as possible. There is just about always some sort of dirt and/or bacteria on your skin and under your nails. Remember: hands off!
5) Drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day! Yes! It’s been proven to make a HUGE difference, in your skin, and your whole body system as it fluxes out toxins and other garbage from your system.
Take care of your skin. Cleanse it, moisturise it, and nourish it. Trust me, it will make all the difference in the world!